Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Smart Girl: Lady Margaret Thatcher

Lady Margaret Thatcher was the Prime Minister of Great Britain from 1979 to 1990. Her unwavering strength and alliance with the United States and President Reagan were instrumental in winning the Cold War. She is also a very smart 'girl' whose principles and ideas are as relevant today as ever.



"Of course it's the same old story. Truth usually is the same old story."

"To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects."

"If you want to cut your own throat, don't come to me for a bandage."
And finally:
It's passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election.
Humm..now who else does that remind me of?

No comments: