Wednesday, March 18, 2009

If A.I.G. Stands For "Arrogance, Incompetence & Greed", What Does 'Congress' Stand For?

We now know that the Obamastration knew about A.I.G. bonuses all along. From the San Jose Mercury News:
"AIG disclosed its retention-payment program," bonuses, "more than a year ago, and the amount of the bonuses had been widely reported. But as the payments were coming due in recent days, the White House began to express its indignation."
We know that Sen. Chris Dodd added an amendment to the SwindleUs bill to specifically exempt payments such as retention bonuses from the limits on compensation:
(iii) The prohibition required under clause (i) shall not be construed to prohibit any bonus payment required to be paid pursuant to a written employment contract executed on or before February 11, 2009,
We know Rep. Paul Hodes, speaking at a hearing today, claimed the American people now define 'A.I.G.' to mean Arrogance, Incompetence and Greed.

The Democrat's outrage is pure sophistry, but it got me thinking about an acronym of my own to express what the American people might assume 'Congress' stands for. Here's my conclusion:
Craven
Odious
Narcissistic
Grandstanding
Reprehensible
Egregious
Sanctimonious
Scourge
What do you think, Crumb Crunchers? Have I nailed it?

No comments: