Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kennedy Prognosis Grim, 'Progressive' Bloggers Grimmer

Doctors for Senator Edward (Ted) Kennedy announced earlier today that he is suffering from a malignant brain tumor. It was discovered after the Senator suffered two seizures on Saturday at his family compound in Hyannis Port, MA.

Almost immediately, the usual left-wing suspects began trolling 'conservative'-leaning web sites, looking for any whiff of glee at the news, because, you know, conservatives are just like that. This attitude is a sickness unto itself.

I'm proudly Conservative, and I frequently visit a number of like-minded sites. I have never, and I mean NEVER seen a vile, inappropriate or nasty post allowed to stand. Most sites allow anyone to register and post comments, so occasionally something repugnant shows up. The difference is, the site administrators have the good taste to delete them, quickly.

I would be lying if I said I liked Senator Kennedy's politics. I don't. Never have, never will. I also would not wish such a devastating disease on anyone. That some bloggers (who do not know me, by the way) would suggest that I could take pleasure in the poor man's plight says far more about the depravity of their character than it does any shortcomings I may have.

Please join me in praying for the Senator and his family at this difficult time. For more information about the diagnosis, try these links:


http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356780,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/74114
6.stm




No comments: