Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy 50th, Motown! Thanks For The Memories.

Can you believe it? Motown is 50 years old today. So much wonderful music, I hardly know where to begin....but this proud daughter of Detroit will try. You know all the words, don't you?


The Supremes, 'Stop In The Name of Love'


Marvin Gaye, 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' (Acapella - what a VOICE!)


The Temptations, 'My Girl'


The Four Tops, 'Bernadette'


Martha Reeves & The Vandellas, 'Dancing In The Streets'


The Jackson 5, 'Got To Be There' (Michael was still a cute Black kid!)


Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, 'Tracks of My Tears'


The Spinners, 'I'll Be Around'


Stevie Wonder, 'Superstition'

I know, it's barely a taste. I could be here all day and then some. Check out the vast catalog of Motown hits; they are the soundtrack of a generation. Thank you, Mr. Gordy!



No comments: