Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blackout Blues

The old saying goes 'you never know what you've got 'til it's gone. That's really true tonight as I sit posting by candlelight on my Blackberry.

Wicked storms ravaged my state Sunday afternoon and we've been without power since. Because I also live in a rural area, we lose water, too. Well pumps require electricity. So do DSL lines - which explains why this comes to you via my handheld device.

Good news, Algore; my carbon footprint has been close to zero for three days! Hah! No rejoicing just yet, though...I plan to make up for lost time on Carbon Belch Day.

What's that? You haven't heard of Carbon Belch Day? Well. Check it out at www.Grassfire.org, and mark the date (June 12th) on your calendar. Do your part to save the planet - from Al Gore!

Hope to be back to normal posting (and carbon-footprinting!) soon!

No comments: