I'm passing on this prayer request from Ebenezer Operation Exodus because I know many of you join me in supporting Israel and the Jewish people. This conference promises to be such a hate-fest that the United States will boycott the meetings. Read more about it here, here and here.
In 2001 an Anti-Racist Conference took place in Durban, South Africa. Its target was the Jewish state. Many nations turned against Israel in hatred and condemned and accused her of being guilty of Apartheid. Their most honored guests who greeted the delegates then were Arafat - the father of modern terrorism, together with the founder of the oldest dictatorship in the western hemisphere, Fidel Castro.
Now these nations are planning a follow-up conference, called Durban II. It is going to take place from April 20-24, 2009 in Geneva, Switzerland. The conference is deliberately planned to start on Hitler's birthday, April 20 and the honored speaker will be Ahmadinejad, the president of Iran.
In Durban 2001 the Jewish organizations were left to defend themselves on their own. This year a delegation from the European Coalition for Israel, as well as other Christians, will be actively involved in the events in Geneva in order to support Israel. ECI will organize a special public ceremony in the synagogue of Evian on the opposite side of Lake Geneva on Tuesday 21 April to mark the 70th anniversary of the Evian conference which rejected the Jewish refugees and which by some historians is seen as having given Hitler the green light to genocide. On Wednesday 22 April in the evening there is a pro-Israel demonstration planned where all Christians are welcome to take part.
Please exalt the name and the word of the Lord over this conference and pray for:
- The important event, on Tuesday April 21 in Evian, organized by ECI (Tomas Sandel and Helmut Specht). Ebenezer representatives and intercessors will also take part in it.
- The massive pro-Israel rally of Jews and Christians to be held in front of the UN Geneva headquarters building on Wednesday, April 22 at 5:30 p.m. Ebenezer representatives and intercessors will also take part in it.
- The Lord's protection over everybody participating in the rally and for no disruption by pro-Palestinian groups.
- The many Christians to be a real comfort and support to the Jewish people at the rally and the other events (Isaiah 40:1).
- The Lord to cause many nations to cancel their participation before the conference will start.
- The Lord to confuse the plans of the enemy and thwart any attempts of the participating nations to condemn Israel during the conference. Instead of cursing may there flow blessings for Israel (Numbers 23:20)
- The Swiss government to have discernment about what is going on.
- The Swiss churches and believers to take a stand for Israel.'God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne. The princes of the people have gathered together, the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God; He is greatly exalted.' Psalm 47:8-9