Monday, November 10, 2008

I Got The Blue Screen of Death Blues

So. Last night, I'm minding my own business, doing the blogging thing and all, with no inkling of what is about to happen. Bedtime comes and I shut the 'puter down and go to let the dogs out...except when I walk past the office, I see a light coming from within that shouldn't be there. Yeah, you know where this is going, don't you? At some point during shut down, the system crashed and there it was....the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death'. GACK! I powered down and left the room.

Today, after 14.5 HOURS of system back-up and restoration, all appears to be well again. Hah! I am not fooled. This devil machine is merely toying with me, lulling me into a false sense of Norton Security, only to dash my dreams again at some most unexpected time in the future. Until then, here's an appropriate song to tide you over until I can write coherently again tomorrow...

Tuscon Cat, "Computer Blues"

No comments: