Fr. Scott Kingsbury is a Twitter pal and all around nice guy with a wicked-good sense of humor. This is his 'Top 10' take on the failure of Chicago's bid for the 2016 Olympic games:
10. Dead people can't vote at IOC meetings.
9. Obama was distracted by the 25 min. meeting with Gen. McChrystal.
8. Who cares if Obama couldn't talk the IOC into Chicago? He'll be able to talk Iran out of nukes.
7. The impediment is Israel still building settlements.
6. Obviously no president would have been able to accomplish it.
5. We've been quite clear and said all along that we didn't want the Olympics.
4. This isn't about the number of Olympics "lost", it's about the number of Olympics "saved" or "created".
3. Clearly there are not enough wise Latina judges on the committee.
2. Because the IOC is racist.
1. It's George Bush's fault.
Fr. Kingsbury is the Vicar of St. Barnabas The Apostle Anglican Church in California.