Thursday, June 11, 2009

NOW Comes SO Close to Truth!

I was prepared to give the National Organization for (liberal) Women their props. I know. Imagine my surprise! They actually had the intellectual honesty to take David Letterman to the woodshed for joking about the rape of Sarah Palin's 14 year old daughter by a prominent New York Yankee baseball player.

As the headline of this piece suggests, however, they got so very close to telling the truth, but just couldn't resist spreading an old and especially despicable lie about Rush Limbaugh in the process. In their article, posted here, they dredge up the old canard that Rush once called Chelsea Clinton the "White House dog". It never happened.

I was listening to Rush's broadcast the day the alleged statement was made. He was speaking about someone else who had used that term in reference to Ms. Clinton. I can't quote him verbatim these many years later, but the gist of his comments was this: Stop picking on the kid. She's just a little girl. She has nothing to do with her father's policies. It isn't right or fair to criticize her looks. Leave her alone.

Rush was defending Chelsea Clinton from someone else's verbal assaults! I wish NOW had the intellectual honesty to admit that. I know. I won't hold my breath.

No comments: